1. Choose any five of our seven, six-hour workshops.
2. Select your five workshop dates.
3. Select your facility and the number of participants.
4. Call the Visual Teaching Alliance for the Gifted & Talented @ 512.567.7291 for pricing and availability.
Our Professional Development:
- meshes with the work of teaching,
- aligns with school goals, state and district standards and assessment, and other professional learning activities,
- focuses on core content and modeling of teaching strategies for the content,
- includes opportunities for active learning of new teaching strategies,
- provides the chance for teachers to collaborate,
- includes up-to-date resources, and
- is intended to improve student learning.
Participant comments from the 30-Hour Foundation Training for the Angleton, Brazosport & Columbia-Brazoria Independent School Districts, Angleton, TX:
– Great sense of humor. Best G/T workshop I’ve attended in 20 years!! (5th/Social Studies & Early American History Teacher)
– Being a 2nd-year teacher, I would highly recommend that 1st-year teachers attend these G/T courses as they are a great source of information. (7/History Teacher)
– Organized, entertaining and knowledgeable. Good STEM activities. (1/Self-contained Teacher)
– Of all prior G/T classes I’ve attended, this has been the most informational and enjoyable. (2/Math & Spanish Teacher)
– Excellent training! Very interactive with lots of great ideas! (6/ELAR Teacher)
– Unique presentations that force one to think critically. (4/Science Teacher)
– Very informative, upbeat, good pace. (10/Biology & 12/Anatomy/Physiology Teacher)
– Loved the activities – great way to break up the day. (K-4 Reading Intervention Teacher)
– Fast-paced, straight to the point, good stories to relate to the material, and good activities. (4/ Reading, Writing, Social Studies Teacher)
Marion & Luling Independent School Districts, Marion, TX:
– Mr. Gangwer gives a variety of resources that can be used at all grade levels. He is funny, and really knows a lot about G/T students, and all students alike! (Kindergarten Teacher)
– Did a great job of establishing rapport with the audience. Liked engaging activities. (6-12 Teacher)
– The courses were packed with resources integral to the 21st-century classroom. (5th ELAR Teacher)
Sharyland Independent School District, Mission, TX:
– Very thorough information, research, and preparation. Lots and lots of tools and strategies to pull from! (8th Grade ELA Teacher)
– Mr. Gangwer’s experience makes him a highly qualified presenter. He is very informed and establishes a great relationship with his audience. (1st Grade Teacher)
– The workshops were a wonderful, well-organized learning experience. Kept us engaged! (2nd Grade Teacher)
– Enjoyed the activities and will use them in class. (7th Grade Science Teacher)
– I’ve learned why not only G/T students but ALL students AND their instructors must learn to see/think outside the box. (High School U.S. History Teacher)
– I really enjoyed these workshops. Technology is an extremely beneficial tool to use in the classroom and through these workshops, I have acquired a great deal of technology I can use in my classroom. (9th & 11th Grade Geography Teacher)
– I would suggest other teachers attend this professional development series. Very good sessions! (2nd Grade ELA Teacher)
Georgetown Independent School District, Georgetown, TX
- Awesome presentations! Very engaging!
- I enjoyed the group work!
- The presenter was right on target!
- Super engaging days!
- You are indeed a professional educator of educators. Thank you!